Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Double Blog

I forgot to post yesterday so you get a double dose today.
Yesterday was the class discussion on Fear. It was very tough to keep myself silent but I managed for most of the class. I thought the discussions leaders did well. For some groups I think the talking could have been spaced out more. I know it's hard to get some people to talk but there were definitely times where a quite person had their hand raised and was passed up by someone who spoke a lot. There were also some questions that actually got over-analyzed. Remember it is okay to move on if everyone just keeps saying the same things.

Today we went over the open essays you just got back and some writing tips. They are on the website if you would like another look or if you were to lazy to take notes as I was speaking. The main things I'd like to see people work on are organization and sentence clarity. Finally we started the speech analysis assignment (aren't you glad you don't have to write a speech!). You will have a work day on Friday with your partner so make sure you bring your speech.

Upcoming: Tomorrow timed MC
Tuesday Speech analysis and discussions
Thursday finish Flight and discussion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Magical--if you click on the blog title it takes you to the speech site!