Wednesday, December 8, 2010

And the winner is...

Wow, what a day we had! Well if nothing else you all have to admit that AP English is at least memorable. Before I announce the winners I want to say how impressed I am with all of you. I know the debate raises tensions and is just slightly uncomfortable but I think getting out of your comfort zone is necessary some times. Maybe next time we'll have a few more people step up to the hot seat.

Normally I give a recap of the main arguments for each side but since there were three different debates this year I'll just give the winners.

Per. 2
The Keep side won by a very small margin mostly due to stronger organization, good questions, and clear sources

Per. 4/5
The Ban side won mostly during the questioning round; the keep had a better range of arguments but had trouble handling some of the questions

Per. 9
The Keep side won because they came across as far more prepared and handled the questions effectively without getting flustered

No comments: