Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Okay, Justin I would just like it to be known that I'm writing this on a Saturday thus showing my determination to keep this updated.
On Friday we did a brief review of the new vocab words and surprised a lot of people. I also gave you a sheet to practice the sentence types. We'll probably go over the answers on Tuesday but if you need more practice there are more samples with answers on the website. http://www.comosr.spps.org/Sentence_Types.html
After that we read a fabulous piece of satire by Judy Syfers "I Want a Wife." You then discussed how the argument was developed in groups with some guided questions.
Finally I gave you an extra credit option: write your own I Want a ... and read it to the class. Remember to mimic her style and make it a satire.
Upcoming: Awakening questions for Monday and finish novel by Wednesday
Friday Vocab test and poetry analysis due

No comments: