Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Creepy Poetry

Today we read a slightly disturbing poem by Robert Browning (I know he's not an American author but you have to admit the poem was worth the switch) and a individual practice poem about Keats. The easiest way to work with poetry is just to dive in and get your hands dirty. Poems should be read multiple times and you should try to interact with them in whatever way you can--even if you relate them to weird suicide-cults. On a classroom note, the class is also far more enjoyable if you get your hands dirty and participate. I swear if you say something completely wrong or absurd I will only laugh for a few minutes :0)
Upcoming: Papers due tomorrow. I was really pleased to see so many people come in for help. Bueno!
Don't forget to read Huckalicious

P.S. Does anyone read these or am I wasting my time? I have no "followers" or comments...sad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give you one guess.

PS: Very nearly posted it with my own name.

Anonymous said...

HAHA MIESTER! i'm a good student! I READ IT TEEHEE^^ well...i just started reading it today, but it counts right? haha

Anonymous said...

We're here! Just being creepers that's all.

Anonymous said...

Followers? What? Is this some sort of cult?

kmeister said...

Hurray someone is reading! Props for Alynda being brave enough to leave her name.

Unknown said...

I'm reading it now...note to self. start reading this in the future, it would be very useful